Friday, May 28, 2004

Day One

12:01 AM on Saturday May 29.

I dont really know or care much for internet fads. Blogging is possibly just a fad. So I'm turning over a new leaf. From this day forward, I will become the man you expected, the next internet blogger. And in so doing I will also partake of my share of other internet fads that I have neglected to take part in. I think I'll get my own website. I will take surveys. I will answer solicitor emails. I will apply for credit cards. I will download file-sharing software and not pay for the songs i steal. I will send in my pictures and pictures of my kids for "contests" that i stand a chance of winning. I will put my resume on monster.com. I will buy my movie tickets at movietickets.com and then stand in line to collect them (because that just makes sense). I will hunt down that great find on ebay, only to renig on my bid. I will learn the names and hobbies of all the hot wet asian teen lesbians that send me emails (its courteous). I will master the art of getting rich in real estate, save hundreds on my car insurance, and buy a used copy of a worship cd. (Worship cd's for sale is another blog topic altogether). What the hell is a Worship album of the Year? I think its hillarious that people get rich selling worship albums. Tell me that isnt comedy. I'm gonna market my prayers. Publish them and sell them as "poetic" readings in prose. Suggest people read them and model their prayers after mine. Maybe I'll win the Dove award for Prayer of the Year. I will travel and sell tickets, promoting my cd's of me praying live in concert. And people will say, man that boy can pray! I'd pay good money to listen to him pray. I would perfect my technique to the point that no one would quite be able to say AMEN the way that i do. People will try to imitate it, but it will be a thing of perfection. Every time authentic, passionate, and heartfelt. Calculated you say? Absolutely. Just like a Worship album of the Year.

No comments: